I am going to make Throwback Fridays a thing guys. Maybe I'll rename it to Flashback Fridays (I think that may have been done already.. it didnt work)
So I am going to throw it back to last Friday. So long ago. I took a trip up to northern Norfolk, to the parish I have spent the last year of my life researching.
**Warning this post is about to get super sappy and stuff**
Friday we braved the pouring rain and trekked the 1.2 miles to the train station. Freezing and hungry we boarded the Sheringham train. Sheringham is the parish one of my family lines is from. Today it is divided into two parts, Lower Sheringham and Upper Sheringham. Lower Sheringham is a touristy town right next to the ocean. By the time we got in the sun was out a little, but it was still freezing. I dont understand how these Brits can stand to go to the ocean. But apparently they do. But anyways, we began up the hill to Upper Sheringham. So Lower Sheringham is cute, they have tried to keep some of the old time feel. But as you walk into Upper Sheringham I felt myself being transported through time. I am pretty sure I walked into 1812. I mean look at this town.
So I am going to throw it back to last Friday. So long ago. I took a trip up to northern Norfolk, to the parish I have spent the last year of my life researching.
**Warning this post is about to get super sappy and stuff**
Friday we braved the pouring rain and trekked the 1.2 miles to the train station. Freezing and hungry we boarded the Sheringham train. Sheringham is the parish one of my family lines is from. Today it is divided into two parts, Lower Sheringham and Upper Sheringham. Lower Sheringham is a touristy town right next to the ocean. By the time we got in the sun was out a little, but it was still freezing. I dont understand how these Brits can stand to go to the ocean. But apparently they do. But anyways, we began up the hill to Upper Sheringham. So Lower Sheringham is cute, they have tried to keep some of the old time feel. But as you walk into Upper Sheringham I felt myself being transported through time. I am pretty sure I walked into 1812. I mean look at this town.
I was able to walk around the cemetery that my relatives were buried in for at least three generations. Unfortunately if they had headstones the stones are now gone. But I still got goosebumps as I walked.
![]() |
| Confession: before I had come to England I had never seen a lilac tree. And I am in love. Lilac's are gorgeous |
I mean look at this place. Isn't it lovely?






























I want to live there! Wow!!!! Beautiful! Can't wait for you to get home though :) Hope your having fun!
ReplyDelete